Sunday, August 12, 2007

Miss Laval in the Country

My rambunctious younger sister Baube and I went away to the Laval family country-house for the day to visit our Gran. It was nice to have a bit of fresh air among the apple and walnut trees and violet irises. I did a little sketching and curled up with a good book as the hummingbirds and butterflies flitted by. I have been a bit remiss in my creative life lately. I did manage this self-portrait though...
I was glad that Baube and I did not have another croquet incident again though! The last time left me hiding a scar just before a portrait sitting. Let us just say that I can wield a croquet mallet as well...

A polite "quiet" pasttime indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful countryside. And I hope your sister has apologised for the scar.

Your self portrait is exquisite, may I say.