Sunday, July 29, 2007

SL Relay for Life Day 2: Winding Down

I thought I'd wise up this time and wear roller skates under my relay colors ballgown (8 am was the formal attire hour after all) as I skated through sims like this Huck Finn-themed one...I could not resist a picture at the Journey to the Center of the Earth. Good dinosaur! Good dinosaur...
I realized that even skates weren't as fast and hopped on Flashy. Seeing how many other riders there were, it seems I was not unique. Her Grace, CoyoteAngel Dimsum, joined me for the rest of my lap and in her canine form she had no trouble keeping up at all as she was outrunning Flashy! It was so nice to have company as we practically flew around the track's bends...
A little over a hour since I first left camp, I returned. This is something that I am so glad to have experienced...
The final total raised so far was L$31,733,401! Almost $116K USD!!! Team Caledon placed 9th in overall team amounts raised with a total so far of L$1,298,439 and after 18.5 hours on the track, Mr. Vollmar (as a cheetah today) placed 4th in track laps run with a total of 17! Huzzah! Hooray for our team captain Miss Paris, SLRFL team members, and those who donated their money or time! We should all be very proud of what has been accomplished! And after listening to the closing ceremonies, even the aliens danced...

No comments: