Monday, July 2, 2007

Eyre Opening Day

I had a chance to participate in the festivities surrounding the opening of Caledon's new Eyre sim. It was very nice seeing so many of us at one time. Made for some interesting lag issues and the requisite crash, but I'd say a good time was had!The "Guvnah", scissors in hand, prepared to cut the ribbon...
And Eyre was officially open! The scavenger hunt was announced and my hunt partner, Lady Edwina Heron, and I raced around Eyre trying to get all of the landmark clues. It was exciting fun. At one point, Miss Tombola and I waved to one another as she rode by in her carriage--rides which were made available to those in attendance.Afterwards, I celebrated Canada Day at Mr. Newbe Writer's party in SteamSky City. After all, my last name is a Canadian location! Yes...we were all properly dressed at the time. Somehow, we became less so by the end. I had always heard about the way some Caledon parties are. Little did I know I'd be an active participant. I vaguely remember something about me and stockings and a Caledon colors waistcoat, men in kilts, someone dancing on the bar, and a flying rug?? I know I have pictures, but looking at them, well...haha...Oh my.

I really must refrain from partaking of the green fairy...

No comments: