Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Samhain Ceremony and Halloween Musings

I was (gasp!) not in a partying mood tonight, not even for Halloween, one of my favorite days of the year. I went the opposite direction...one of introspection when the veil is thinnest between us and the other planes. So when I received the invitation to the Duchess of Carntaigh's private Samhain ceremony, I was more than happy to attend. I am glad I did, as it was truly lovely and moving and I hope brought peace to many present who were missing their loved ones...We were then ask to meditate and ground ourselves, and their was a visual representation there that had been created by Jess Patton. I tried it, breathing deeply, and started feeling floaty and seeing bright flashes of white light. Afterwards, Mr Drinkwater said a beautiful poem ("The Wild Geese" by Mary Oliver) and we ended it with a celebration, dancing and laughing with one another. Our ancestors are always with us, guiding and protecting us...That's what I have believed for a long, long time...
Afterwards, I joined Mr Hax and caught up on life in Caledon...
As we sat on the huge pumpkin on his rooftop...
Seeing one of these infernal turkeys on fire, now that truly made me smile! Thanksgiving IS coming soon...

No comments: