Monday, December 10, 2007

There's Something About Steelhead...

The photo below is from my first visit to Steelhead back in June. I had heard so many nice things about it from folks that I thought I would visit. I remember finding it a gorgeous, well-laid out SL vision of the U.S. Pacific Northwest. The thing that stood out to me the most was standing at the train station in the rain. I had never seen rain in SL before then and pulled out my parasol to watch it fall around me...I looked forward to visiting again, and every time that I did I always enjoyed myself. So much has changed since my first visit, but one thing hasn't: the folks there are laid back, genuinely nice, quirky, fun, and don't take themselves too seriously. It was, in a word...refreshing. It wasn't until Dr. Mason invited me to one of the town meetings that I realized what a community Steelhead is. Every Tuesday night town meeting I have been to since has been very well-attended by its citizens, and are absolutely hilarious. Anyone can drop in. I know I did and became a citizen that very night. By my next meeting, I found myself volunteering to become the new editor of the Anvil. I didn't know much about Steelhead then, but being there made me want to!

Actually, every friend that I have ever brought with me to one of Steelhead's themed Friday night parties has become a citizen as well. Some have even bought land in the new Harborside sim, which promises to be beautiful. There are only a few parcels left now--you should find out what that "something" is about Steelhead yourself...

1 comment:

Fuzzball Ortega said...

Oh but, Hey, let us not forget, once Harborside is filled, we have plans on expanding more. We may not grow to Caledon size, but we've got plans for expansion.

I, myself, have an idea for the third sim when Lunar prepares that for pre-rent. So, I'm saving up for the land tier.