Saturday, June 16, 2007

Steampunk Expo

I had the pleasure of attending the Steampunk Expo in Primverness. I met Miss Lapin Paris, organizer and also the main contact for Caledon's Relay for Life, which has personal resonance with me in RL. She has done a fantastic job. I marveled at all the wonderful technology...
Such as the mechanical flying elephant (or "Snorky" as Miss Paris calls the one she took me for a pleasant ride on), which had a run-in with a house...
...and the Cavorite Repulsion Chamber, which was my personal favorite.
I was trying to bounce in a lady-like fashion...
...but as you can see, my descent was not quite graceful at all! Not to mention, whatever happened to my shoes?

"You were rather brave to ride that flying elephant," an acquaintance said later. "I am up for a good adventure," I replied. "To be a woman of Caledon," he said. "Adventure is a given." I couldn't agree more.

No comments: