Monday, December 22, 2008

Change...

Whether through no fault of our own or of our own choosing, change does happen. Things that are familiar to our lives in here surprise us with the fierceness of the memories we attach to them. Today, I sold my first land in Caledon to my neighbor Mr Melnik. I enjoyed tweaking this little plot, adding things and having fun with it. Riding Flashy from it across the nation. Target practice in the backyard. Just sitting on the ground in the back talking with Puck. Tea with Eds in the carriage house. It being set afire during the great Mayfair Alien Invasion for RFL. Using it as my home when the servers were so bad I couldn't log in anywhere else. I loved this little parcel. I will still be maintaining my store in Regency and as a Messmer, we have land in Mayfair and Penzance, but I remember my great joy and excitement upon purchasing this parcel and while sorry to let it go, change happens...
There is no need for me to speak any more upon the utter pain and anger that so many of the peerage in Caledon have felt upon the losses of their openspace duchy sims. To choose to leave is one thing, but to be forced to is another. To say that our community has not been irrevocably altered by this particular change would be a lie on my part. Tonight, I attended the last event--a holiday ball--at the duchy of Loch Avie. As I twirled through the snow with Lunar, I thought once again about how you become familiar with a place, and there is a comfort in that, even in here. Your Grace, thank you for the lovely things you have done for the Caledon community and Loch Avie will be truly missed.

No comments: