Sunday, November 2, 2008

Caledon is Burning

I saw that the Duke of Caledon Murdann set his lovely Firth void sim afire, and heard that--as Jarl of Orcadia--he did the same to his sims in Wyre. I had someone comment to me recently that they thought this, as well as the Primverness and Carntaigh fires, to be a pointless display. I could not disagree more as I believe the Duchesses and Duke have voted and made their displeasure over the policy known. This "display" I believe, serves a more cathartic purpose for them. In a word: "venting."

To me personally, it represents one's dreams going up in smoke. If that isn't worth flames, then I do not know what else is...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Elle! You understand perfectly. I don't think it's a pointless display. Linden Research's policies might, indeed, lead to the loss of many of these places of beauty.

And I'm royally pissed. It was very cathartic rezzing those fires. And aren't they fabulous work?

Eladrienne Laval said...

As someone who stands to lose her own little piece of openspace happiness, I understand all too well.

And yes, fabulous work.