Saturday, November 1, 2008

Vista del Mar Vineyard in Steelhead

My off-19th c. home is named Vista del Mar. I have had a vineyard there for over a year now, and when I moved to an openspace sim, the vines were transplanted. With the new policy I am taking precautions. I love my vines and months ago Mr Writer had helped me with bottling as I decided to create my own wine label. I decided to go ahead and transplant my vines once more...to Laval Point in Steelhead. I had to halve them to fit the prims there, but they are beautiful and I am very happy. Here is the official label... While in Spain three years ago in RL, I fell in love with Rioja wine (and jamon iberico! Delicious!) and decided to grow tempranillo grapes here inworld (as technically, rioja is like champagne, only wine created in that region may use the name). Vista del Mar "Rioja" is considered a red tinto wine, similar to Cabernet Savignon. Steelhead is thinking of holding a Harvest Wine Festival, which I think is a fabulous idea. If you are in Steelhead Harborside, please feel free to stop through the Point and enjoy the scenery and a glass.

No comments: