Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Race is On

The other evening Lunar and I explored Babbage, including a visit to the Mayor's office in Town Hall in Babbage Square. As I reported earlier this month, Babbage is holding elections for a new Mayor as Sprocket is stepping down as head.The current candidates who are campaigning rather hard in the Babbage Ning and inworld are Mr. Mosseveno Tenk, Baron Wulfenbach and Mr Aeolus Cleanslate. As I have been a merchant there for quite some time now in the Mermaid Arcade and really like Babbage in general, I have been following this and finding it rather fascinating. Given the recent U.S. elections (culminating in Inauguration Day today) the candidates views, the citizens concerns, and the feeling of a community's future being affected are all a bit engrossing in a way. I believe the actual decision will be made close to Valentine's Day with a candidate cutoff of early February. It should be interesting and good luck to the candidates.

No comments: