Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mayor Tenk of New Babbage Sworn In Today!

Forgive my greyed photographs as the lag got the best of me and many as we attended the inauguration of the new Mayor of New Babbage, officiated by Commodore O'Toole...[13:04] Hotspur Otoole: I (state your name)
[13:04] Mosseveno Tenk: I, Mosseveno Tenk
[13:06] Mosseveno Tenk: do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Great City of New Babbage against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
[13:06] Mosseveno Tenk: that I will bear true faith and allegieance to the same
[13:07] Mosseveno Tenk: that I take this obligation of Clockwinder freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion;
[13:08] Mosseveno Tenk: that I will keep her gears oiled, her mainsprings wound, and her steam engines stoked with coal,
[13:08] Mosseveno Tenk: and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of Clockwinder on which I am
[13:08] Mosseveno Tenk: So help me God.

And with those words, the Clockwinder Mayor of New Babbage was sworn in...
You were expecting a Bible, were you?Mayor Tenk then declared Mr Aeolus Cleanslate First Engineer and presented him with a ceremonial artifact of the city...
[13:12] Mosseveno Tenk: The Mace of Olaf, First Defender of Babbage
[13:16] Mosseveno Tenk: And like Olaf the carpenter of old, I charger you to kep Babbage safe from enemies
[13:16] Mosseveno Tenk: and Tyrants,Afterwards, a group of us gathered at Ruby's for great coversation...

No comments: