Monday, October 5, 2009

Steelhead Civic Project: Manhole Covers

Lunar is constantly doing civic projects for Steelhead and like with the street signs all over, the new house numbers, and whatnot I get recruited to create things and textures for the town. The latest project he had for me? Manhole covers. Inspired by decorated Japanese manhole covers, some of which are gorgeous and look like woodcut drawings, I took out my sketchbook and drew Steelhead's namesake fish...
Using the sketch as my template, I then created the actual texture for the cover itself and voila! Finished manhole cover in Boomtown! There will be three more designs. Like the Japanese ones, they are unique to their location, so each Steelhead sim will have its own design. Do look out for them when you visit!

3 comments:

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

Gorgeous work! I had no idea you were such a good artist - one of the things, if I had my time again, I'd love to have been born able to do is draw.

Rhianon Jameson said...

Lovely indeed! I saw the ones in Shanghai first-hand last night.

Eladrienne Laval said...

Thank you both.

The trout will be in all of the sims at the moment until I finish the rest of the designs. Then Lunar will swap them out based upon location.

And yes HBA, I am an artist in RL so I enjoy projects inworld where I get to use that skill.